Monday, June 7, 2010

FINALE….I think that’s how you spell it

Oh my God! Like OMG! Its the end of the year (well school year). And you know what that means...Finals! Yeah!...wait what am I doing...Finals aren't good! BOOOO!! I have to do two essays and then a singing sort a solo group thing for choir...But I guess I don't really have any right to complain since I know a lot of other people have much more work to do than that. ANYWAYS……Lets start the actual blog shall we?

I don't really consider blogging to be really work anyway. Blogging is almost like a…no is a trash can to dump whatever junk you have in your head; whether it be short stories, political debates, religion, environmental stuff, etc. It’s a very useful tool to vent your anger out on (though I don’t really recommend becoming violent with your computer cause you do still need afterwards). Ultimately I’ve surprised even myself over this blogging year. For one thing I have increased my typing speed considerably since the very beginning of the first quarter; I’m no longer using my fingers like chop sticks. I’ve tried new ways of how to deal with my writer’s block (some successful some not). And I have also accomplished my goal of writing at least a paragraph each week. This was a goal (along with several others that I still haven’t done quite yet) I had given myself at the beginning of the year that I thought would be helpful in the future and I was proven right. I can better describe what think on the screen and can now relate to how I feel at the present time which has been proven useful as I have been writing my blogs.

My writing style I have noticed has changed over the course of not only this semester but over the entire year. Before I would start with one idea then I would drop it right in the middle in favor of something else. The overall maturity has changed drastically as well (not just the fact that I use A LOT more cuss words then I used to). Before when I first started to blog I was almost timid in my writing because I didn't really know what to say. But after a while I a realized that it wasn't about what other people thought about my writing it was about me and my talents that should come across the screen. Hey a writer’s got to do what a writer’s got to do, even if it means disappointing the people who are reading the stories. And even though I still am not even close to being published I still hope that I will continue growing so I can reach my goals.

Speaking about how I write what I have been reading over the past year has probably had some effect on it (not to mention a lot of other things). John Dies at the End probably has been most effective on me as far the cussing goes.
This book is full of nonsense monsters and bloody #%<5$! Oh yeah, the proof is on frickin' page 152 'We did a search at the local library and found a story from a few years before where a man had died after getting his penis caught in a mole trap he was working on. He bled to death. We told his ghost that it wasn't his house anymore and he had to leave. He didn't react to us until after a few hours’ worth of badgering and he vanished. No more stained carpet.’ I laughed pretty hard when I read that little tid bit. Anyway this book really does remind me of something that I would see on the SyFy channel. And considering the fact that they are now making a movie out of it there will probability be a lot of those people not that there is anything wrong with that.

If I saw some ghost with his #$%^ stuck in a mole trap I would be running away and cussing at the same time. I still can’t believe I read that book. Oh. And then there is Outlander. Gosh I can’t believe my mom actually reads stuff like this. Well I suppose it’s not so hard to believe considering that her friends are pretty much head over heels in the clouds (middle aged romance types).

Without blinking he drew up a chair and sat down across from me, lounging casually one booted foot resting on the opposite knee. A riding crop dangled from one fine, aristocratic hand. I watched the braided tip, black and scarlet, as it swung back and forth over the carpet.
“The idea has its attractions,” he said, watching my eyes follow the sweep of the whip. “But I could probably think of something better, given a few moments to collect myself.”

This quote just hit the nail on the head for me because it reminded me that there are people that do enjoy the pain of others. It isn’t fiction even as he speck there is probably some women getting beaten by her husband or worse. And that is just an example. It could be a child being abused by his or her parents or perhaps it’s outside of the family and there is nothing they can do about it. Books like Outlander influence me on an emotional level which I try to show in my writings (in moderation of course). Although without the sex scenes it was relatively a nice quick read. Whenever someone comments on my writing style they either say it’s very animated, detailed or both which I suppose is good but what I really want to know is if I really have a chance of going somewhere with it. The detailed part probably comes from all that Jane Austen reading and then there is more modern books like Twilight and Artemis Fowl.
All in all this was a very…eventful year. I will continue to blog when I can which in other words means most defiantly. See Yah!

No comments:

Post a Comment