Friday, December 11, 2009

chap 2 part 4

“Well if you had been listening and not been denying that I am a genie then you would’ve known that no mortal laws can bind me since I am technically by your standards not alive. And to answer your other question, since I am a genie I can figure out where ever my master or in this case my mistress is.” He didn’t seem angry or annoyed just amused as he leaned back in the chair. Alice sighed and began to eat her huge but very delicious breakfast.

“Okay. Let’s say you are a genie. Well do genies have names?”

“Gregory. And yours is Alison or can I call you Alice.”

“Alice is fine.” Great we‘re now on a first name basis and as if breaking into my house and feeding me breakfast wasn’t enough now we’re getting all friendly. I must be going crazy! Well might as well go all the way.

“Well, Gregory. Since you really seem to know a lot,” her voice heavy with sarcasm, “Would you mind telling me how you found my apartment?”

He shrugged as he leaned back on the bar stool, his arms crossed.

“Not really, it was pretty easy. After you left there was a couple that you pushed aside who recognized who you were. Apparently your family is pretty popular as far as the city’s gossip goes. Not that I really follow that kind of thing. So it took very little time to find out that you lived in a separate building from the rest of your relatives and the location of your apartment. Which is by the way not to shabby for a photographer’s assistant.”

“Should I take that as a compliment or an insult?”

No comments:

Post a Comment