The rabbit knocked on the oaks dark bark as she followed closely behind him. Occasionally speeding up suddenly so as to get away from the girl, who kept close at his heels.
“But I don’t have anything to do? And don’t you think it is rather rude to just dismiss a lady you just met without introducing yourself?”
“I do as a matter of fact think it is rude to not converse with a lady when we have been introduced formally by another acquaintance and are familiar with one another's back rounds. But since we are neither then I am inclined to not acknowledge your presence because it is not the way of a gentleman. Therefore I do not need to answer your questions or accusations.” He raised his little pink nose high in the air snobbishly.
That stumped Alice for a moment or two. It all seemed rather logical and since he did seem like the intelligent sort of fellow she couldn’t really object to his argument. So she tried something else.
“Well since I can’t seem to get an answer from you I suppose I shall have to follow you until I find out.”
“WHY CAN’T YOU JUST LEAVE ME BE! I’m already in enough trouble as it is being late. But now I must deal with you!” He pulled his ears and started to stamp his feet on the grass. He reminded Alice of her younger cousin who always through temper tantrums when he didn’t what he wanted. Although her cousin would never wear a checkered red waistcoat with a blue bow tie, he would much rather wear simple breeches and a light tunic so he could get dirty quicker. But then again he wasn’t a rabbit either.
“Well if you just tell me where you going then I’ll be on my way?” Alice sat down on the soft grass so she could see eye to eye with the rabbit. “Or we could stay here until-”
She was interrupted when she felt a stone under her hand jerk and a then there was a loud popping sound. All of a sudden, in front of her, nestled at the bottom of the oak tree was a large rabbit hole. It was perfectly round not one of the blades of grass touch the edge of its darkness.
“Oh well thank you little lady! And I am almost in time!”Looking at his over sized gold pocket watch the rabbit twitched his nose and straightened his coat. To Alice he said over his shoulder. “I think I will be on my way now!” The rabbit turned to the hole and leaped into the darkness.
Alice didn’t even give it a second thought before she flung herself forward after him again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment