Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Part 5

“No its okay you don’t have to do anything, it was a mistake anyway that I bumped into you.”
She tried to go around him but he just came right in front of her again. And when she side stepped him there he was again.

“Well I think I know how I can give you a substantial gift. I am going to bestow upon you three wishes. Any wish you would like I will grant it because I am a genie!!” He looked very confident in his answer almost smug. As if he was bestowing upon her some priceless gift.

Alice stared at him with pure horror on her face. Oh my God! I’ve saved some crazy weirdo! And that relaxed stance that he held in front of her only made her feel worse. Moving very quickly while keeping her face perfectly blank she pushed passed him. Yes he was defiantly some street punk just giving trouble.

“Hey! Wait a minute didn’t you hear what I said. I’m a genie! You know make a wish and it will be granted that sort of thing. HEY!” Alice had pushed into the crowd crossing the street and separated from him. But no sooner had she stepped up on the other side than she looked up to find him waiting for her.

“Alright, if you really are a genie why don’t you prove it?” Alice challenged, half remembering how in Aladdin Genie had demonstrated his powers in front of him.

The so-called genie hesitated. Alice raised her eyebrows and was and was about to walk away when he stopped her.

“Well I can’t exactly do that unless you make your first wish.”

Now Alice knew she was at her limit. She could almost feel her blood boiling. It was all too much. Both mother and brother were gone and on top of that her suicidal father being dishonored by her Tiffany. Plus a drug addicted step brother who couldn’t just leave her be. Now she needed to deal with this weird person who probably belonged in a mental hospital! It took almost all of her strength not to burst into angry tears right there in the street.

No comments:

Post a Comment