Tuesday, October 6, 2009

“Wow, thanks a lot,” he exclaimed, “you’re amazing you just saved my life? What are you? What’s your name?”

His full lips spread into a mischievous white toothed smile that made Alice stare at him for a moment before replying. What was she doing staring at this stranger?

“What do you mean I just bumped into you?”

For a moment he paused, before pointing at something over her shoulder. Though he kept his smile in place, for a split second she saw conflicting emotions in his eyes. She turned around and nearly yelped. Before her were the remains of huge grand piano, its many wooden pieces scattered everywhere across the sidewalk and street. Thick ropes were still attached to some of the pieces that were dangling like shards of a piñata. The instrument at one point must have cost a fortune and would probably be sorely missed.

Wow this really was one hell of a day! First I go to my fathers funeral with my crazy step family then I almost get killed by a falling piano! What’s next?! Am I going to continue the

family tradition and be a suicide case, too! Alice almost jumped out of her skin when she found she was being embraced from behind.

“THANK YOU! THANK YOU!”

“Hey!! Let me go!!” She tried elbowing him in the ribs but he dodged it, skipping backwards a step with the same smile on his face. Oh no, she thought, here’ s a crazy person right here!

“I am forever in your debt and I would like to repay you.”

Thinking quickly, Alice realized that she couldn’t escape by turning around because she couldn’t walk through the piano pieces with her high heels. But nor could she cross the street for fear of being flattened like a pancake by racing taxi cabs.

No comments:

Post a Comment