I take back what I said about this book not being trashy....well maybe not that but there are defiantly some adult reading in this book (warning to all nuns). Now I know what middle aged mom's do in there spare time; read stuff that reminds them of the glory days-sigh-but the way it happens I'm not exactly sure during the process I wouldn't stop laughing like bloody hell like I did while just READING about it! One particular part in the book caught my attention.
You barbarian! You...you sadist! I hissed furiously. You're doing this for your own pleasure! I'll never forgive you for this! Jamie paused, twisting the belt.
He replied levelly, I dinna know what's a sadist. And if I forgive you for this afternoon, I reckon you'll forgive me, too, as soon as ye can sit down again.
As for my pleasure... His lip twitched, I said I would have to punish you. I did not say I wasna going to enjoy it. He crooked a finger at me.
Come here.
Now someone could take this in so many directions some more towards PG rated and some... not so much. What I really like about Gabaldon is the way she keeps her audience interested throughout the story. And although it is a relatively fast read it isn't like she slacks off on every other page. After one problem seems to be solved she immediately leaps into the next one and yet they all tie together in the end.
Well I do envy Claire one thing although she already has a shitload of problems already, she's in Europe when the farthest I've traveled from home is Arizona(cry, tear,cry).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment